DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Fraud and Security in Global Online Payments 2019” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The rising costs of online payment fraud
The level of online payment fraud is on the rise worldwide, as more consumers turn to digital shopping channels to make their purchases. According to a projection referenced in the report, the global losses from online payment fraud, covering E-Commerce, digital travel, and online banking transactions, could double between 2018 and 2023.
Mobile biometrics to help mitigate fraud in E-Commerce
Payment security is a top factor that shoppers pay attention to when buying online, according to recent surveys. Furthermore, fear of fraud is one of the top reasons why many Internet users in regions such as the Middle East & Africa prefer not to shop online.
E-Commerce sellers, payment providers, and financial institutions are thus forced to invest in the newest technologies to mitigate the risk of fraud and attract more online buyers. Mobile biometrics is among the most trending technologies that financial fraud professionals deem most effective in combating online payment fraud.
Questions Answered in this Report
- How large are online payment fraud losses predicted to be in 2023?
- What are the Card-Not-Present fraud volumes in Australia, the UK, and the USA?
- How important is online payment security to digital buyers worldwide?
- What are the top trends in online payment fraud prevention?
- How do payment security and fraud influence the development of mobile payments?
- Mastercard Inc.
- PayPal Inc.
- Visa Inc.
Key Topics Covered
1. Management Summary
2. Global Developments
- Overview of Online Payment Fraud Trends, May 2019
- Online Payment Fraud Losses, in USD billion, 2018e & 2023f
- Breakdown of Feelings Consumers Have Towards Card Transaction Declines in Online Shopping, in % of Online Shoppers, by Frequency of Online Shopping, July 2018
- Breakdown of Most Important Factors in Consumers’ Online Experience, in % of Consumers, 2018
- Share of Consumers Who Have More Confidence in a Business That Uses Physical Biometrics for Online Security, in %, 2018
- Share of Respondents Who Would be Willing to Use Fingerprint or Other Biometric to Secure Their Payment Details, in %, 2018
- Number of Remote Mobile Biometric Transactions, in billions, and Their Share of Total In-Store and Remote Transactions Authenticated via Mobile Biometrics, in %, 2018 & 2023f
- Breakdown of The Perceived Level of Security of Blockchain Solutions Compared to Conventional IT Solutions, in % of Senior Executives, March 2019
- Top 10 Blockchain Use Cases, in % of Senior Executives, 2018
- Spending on Fraud Management Solutions, 2017 & 2023f
3.4. South Korea
5. North America
6. Latin America
7. Middle East & Africa
7.3. South Africa
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/jtxmaq
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics: E-Business, IT Security, Online Banking